Thursday, October 20, 2011

Boston Day 2: Minuteman Park

 Our second day we headed up to Lexington and Concord with Marianne and Sofia.
Our first stop was the Lexington Battle Green.
 It's always a somewhat surreal experience for me to visit the sites of such pivotal historical events, to be able to actually picture the scene unfolding. I love that they have people dressed in period clothes to explain and point things out.
 Notice Cailyn's jeans...she did NOT wear these happily! I insisted because it was a cool day, but it took me probably 5 minutes of pinning down a kicking screaming girl to get them on her, followed by at least a 30 minute tantrum. Why? Because jeans are blue. It was 30 minutes of "I don't LIKE jeans, they're BLUE!" I can hardly wait for her teenage years.

Rylee and Sofia were immediate friends.
 Next we headed to the Minuteman Historical park where we watched a video and then followed along on some of the trail that the Red Coats and Minutemen marched.
  We ended at the Old North Bridge

This is the only picture I got with Marianne that day...
View from the Bridge



Can you tell how happy Rylee was to be in this picture?
Also, notice the lanyard I'm wearing...after losing the keys the night before, Marianne gave it to me to keep track of them (:



 This was the first of many visits on our trip that made me feel a deep sense of patriotic humility and gratitude for all the brave people who gave their lives for our country. We truly are so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I love your kids.

    Rylee checking out her tummy in the family pic? Awesome.

    Cailyn not wanting to wear jeans because they're blue? Even better.

    ReplyDelete