Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh my gosh!

"Oh my gosh!" is Rylee's newest phrase that cracks me up every time she says it.
This came from our garden...and no, it is not a bell pepper, it is a yellow tomato that came out looking like some kind of tumor! So this gets the "Oh my gosh!" award for the blog posting.
I'm just going to say up front that it will not be the best written post I've ever done...my brain is just not working well enough to make anything flow together right now!
So here's a summary of the last few weeks. Allison came into town about a week ago to celebrate her mom's birthday along with her sisters. When they weren't celebrating, she got to come down and spend time with us!
While she was here, we went a couple times to this great little spash pad thing that just opened up this summer a few miles from our house. It's just in front of the Highland library and it's free and so fun! I think they should build these all over the place. I'm puting in a couple pictures because it's kind of hard to explain.
There's this little stream with (fake) rocks that spray water...
then at the end of the stream there's this big splash pad that has water that shoots out of the ground in a big circle.

The girls just love it!




We weren't successful at getting all three girls to pose together for a picture at the splash pad, but we did manage to get a few of them wearing their pink leopard jammies that their Grandma Mac got for them.



Cailyn just turned 9 months and is as cute as ever. She is cutting her first two teeth (the bottom front ones) and has had all the classic teething symptoms (notice the runny nose...) Popsicles have been her friend.
But just because a girl feels yucky doesn't mean she can't look cute! Ava and Rylee dressed her up in this crown...
...and I dressed her up in these adorable shoes from her Grandma Mac.
Rylee likes to play with the kids on our street. Here she is with our next door neighbors - she and Emma are attempting to trace Abby with chalk, although, Rylee doesn't quite understand how to "trace" things yet...she just goes around and colors.

And we did our first alphabet project in probably a month this week...
H is for Heart




Oh, and Rylee told me about a dream she had for the first time this week! It was a nightmare. She woke up screaming "Don't eat me!" I calmed her down and asked what was trying to eat her. "Tinkerbell!" was her traumatized response! I calmed her down, got her back to sleep, and have been laughing about it ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment