Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Little Mermaid - Tuachan Edition

 On our way to the Clawson Family Reunion in August, we spent an extra day in Hurricane and went to the Tuachan to see The Little Mermaid with the Wheeler and Wiseman Families. Oh, and the Bergs too, of course...I guess I just think of them as part of our family (:

 Anyway, it was a FABULOUS production. So many cool effects, including flooding the stage, a water curtain, white lights, etc.
Here are all the kiddos:
Halle, Sophia, Ava, Rylee, Cailyn

Cale, Payton, Gabe
 At dinner before the play, Aunt Melinda let each of the kids get a toy of some sort from the quarter machines. I think most of the kids chose a machine that had some sort of bouncy ball. But Cailyn wanted one of the princess tattoos. And not just any princess tattoo. An Ariel one (more on her Ariel obsession later.) Lucky for her, Ariel is just what she got! She LOVED this tattoo, and went into mourning a few days later when the chlorine from the pool made her start to peel off.

"We are the daughters of Triton..."

Ursula, Flotsam and Jetsam

Asking forgiveness

The "c'wexion" song. Yes, it took me a while to figure that one out too. But, that's what Cailyn calls "Part of Your World." As in "Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my c'wexion's complete?"

I thought this was probably the coolest scene of the whole play! Ariel rescuing Eric.



Notice Cailyn's Ariel baby doll here. Cailyn sat on my lap for most of the play. As soon as we sat down, Cailyn covered us up with her purple blankie. I protested - it was, afterall, summertime in St. George! Even after the sun set, it was probably 100 degrees. But Cailyn insisted: "No! I need to hide my Ariel baby or the Sea Witch will take her!"
Captivated

Sophia and Megan

Halle and Leslie

Cael

Legs!

Kiss the Girl

Ginormous Ursula
 After the show, the McNamara girls were excited to greet the cast...the rest of the cousins were a bit more shy.
Sir Grimsby

King Triton

Skuttle

Flounder

Flotsam and Jetsam

Cailyn made sure to show her Ariel baby to just about everyone.

Sebastian

The Chef. Who, by the way, was hysterical in the play.

And, of course...

Eric and Ariel!
 Such a fun night! It was the first time I've ever been to Tuachan. I'm going to have to make a point of going back again sometime, because it was so great.


1 comment:

  1. That first picture is too cute for words. Precious, precious girls! And, so many!

    I love the story about Cailyn and the covering up of Aerial. You can't argue with logic, Allison.

    ReplyDelete