Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can duct tape fix Rylee?

Yesterday we were out running errands and Rylee just about zonked out right as we were getting home, so I carried her upstairs and put her in her crib...and she never fell asleep. She was just talking and kept saying "Mommy! Mommy!" I just left her, figuring she would eventually fall asleep. Well, after about an hour of this, I started hearing her say "Potty Pee!" over and over, so I decided maybe I should check on her. I opened her door and found Rylee stripped down to nothing, clothes and diaper on the floor, and pee all over her crib! Lovely. So I got her out to clean up...but as I've been thinking about it, I'm wondering whether I should have just left her. I mean, I was already going to have to wash her sheets anyway, so more pee couldn't hurt, and I'm wondering if she's going to think stripping and peeing is a good way to escape naptime and make a habit out of it. We'll see. Quinn suggested we start duct taping her diaper on before naptime...we'll see...
So, we finally had a few BEAUTIFUL days this week!
Cailyn soaking up the sun in the back yard
Cailyn and Aunt Emily

I took the girls to the park on Tuesday afternoon and they loved it!
Rylee running from the car to the playground
(she's still a little gimpy, but can run well enough)

Whee!!!

This picture is out of focus, but I actually like it...I think it looks kind of artsy and abstract and captures Rylee's happy spirit.

Rylee had fun pushing Cailyn on the swings


Then Rylee took a turn swinging with Cailyn...


Cailyn definitely is NOT the acrobat that Rylee was from early on, but Quinn managed to get her to stand in his hand for a little bit this week.
And then Rylee took a turn...she hasn't done this in a year or so and she thought it was hilarious!

Silly smiles!
So overall it's been a good week so far...now if I can just get Rylee to nap like Cailyn does...

No comments:

Post a Comment