Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Pelican and The Snowman

Last Saturday Grandpa Dave and Grandma Karen came for a short last minute visit after attending a funeral in LA. They drove up for a few hours and took us out to dinner up in Pismo Beach; we ate at Mo's BBQ, and the food was oh so yummy! Afterwards we went for a little walk on the pier.
I know all these pictures are blurry, but my camera was on it's very last legs...
When we got out to the end of the pier, we found this guy:
He wasn't shy at all - in fact he ate some fish straight from a fisherman's hand!
On our way back to shore, the girls spotted this little guy. For some reason they were immediately friends...Rylee gave him a big hug, and then he and Cailyn just looked at each other and babbled a bit for several minutes.
Back at home, we celebrated Grandpa Dave's 52nd birthday a few days early. When I told Rylee that morning that we were going to make a birthday cake, she immediately requested that we make a snowman cake (never mind that it's September and has been in the 100's these last few days - hotter than it was all summer!) So, a snowman cake it was!
After cake, Grandma and Grandpa drove back down to LA so they could catch their early morning flight back to New Mexico. It was a short visit, but a fun one!
********
These were officially the last pictures that my good old camera took before biting the dust. But I can't say I'm sad in the least, because I finally got the camera I've been wanting forever! I'm still learning how to use it, but here are a few pictures I've taken in the last couple days...

Merry Christmas to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment