Sunday, March 29, 2009

One Sunny Day

Well, we had a few weeks of nice weather and then all of a sudden it's winter again! It snowed several times this week and was cold pretty much every day except yesterday - it was actually sunny and warm. But then I woke up this morning to CRAZY wind and then it started snowing again. I'm just hoping that by the time Easter rolls around in two weeks from now the weather will have decided to cooperate with the calender and act like Spring - I'm excited for the girls' Easter dresses and don't want to have to put sweaters over them! Silly, I know, but those are the kind of things I think about.


Cailyn is starting to "talk" a lot more lately, and she's even giggled several times in the last few days! We took her to church for the first time today (well, I guess technically we took her last week in California, but the first time in our ward) and she had lots of attention.
She is starting to hold and chew on things (like her hungry caterpillar)...

















...and makes some pretty cute faces!
Rylee is as much a ham as ever! As you can see, she can't get enough of her bink (I am planning on breaking her of the habit as soon as her mites get cleared up - the doctor doesn't want her hands in her mouth. I think I'm just going to have to take them away cold turkey and go through a week or so of hell...)
On Saturday (the one sunny day) we took a family walk through our neighborhood. Rylee wanted to walk Mo, but I think that Mo wound up walking Rylee!


We stopped to see some horses, which Rylee was very excited about! She saw one of them pee and talked about it for the rest of the day! She kept saying "Horsey pee! Pink treat!" (She gets treats when she pees on the potty...and apparently on Saturday, pink was the color she would have chosen!) This also reminds me about earlier in the week when her Grandma Heiner was in the bathroom. Rylee was playing outside the door and when she heard the toilet flush she exclaimed "Grandma treat!"
When we got home I did a little yard work and in the process found this worm...Rylee was fascinated by it, but did NOT want to touch it!










1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so cute! How old is Cailyn now? Our little girl Kaedyn is 9 months.

    ReplyDelete