Monday, May 18, 2009

Our vacation part 2: family reunion on the beach!

Here are some pics from the Clawson family reunion. We rented a big 10 bedroom beach house and crammed 32 adults and 15 kids into it and had a great time! These pictures are from my camera, but we had our friend Rachel come take pictures of everybody - the big group, individual families, and kiddos - and they turned out so cute! When I get those I will post some as well.
I painted mine and the girls' toenails in preparation...
Rylee and ava spent lots of time with shovels in the sand...although the sand castle thing didn't really work very well because every time we emptied one of the mold buckets to make a tower, Rylee just tore it down!

Rylee got lots of color on her legs! Unfortunately, most of it was mud and washed right off...but she did get a little bit of a tan!
Cailyn seemed to like the beach too. (And lucky for her, she seems to tan a little better than Rylee!)

I just LOVE her little profile!

Rylee walking with Grandma and Grandpa Mac to see the tide pools
Amongst other things, we saw a starfish and lots of crabs - including one that was probably the size of a baseball that Josh found - at the tide pools!
Cailyn did a really good job sitting up for this little photo shoot...
...at least for a while...
...but she didn't seem to mind the mud too much!
Although, by the time we were headed back to the house, she was pretty tired.

4 comments:

  1. WAY FUN! I especially love Cailyn's picture in her purple seat and sun glasses! So cute! Are you guys going to still be in California next week?! The last week of May or even til the first week of June?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So those are pictures of the room and the stuff I already have, and I was trying to make that hot pink and animal print work with my stuff but so far no success. But I do agree I LOVE the hot pink and animal print too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad that we were not there. I wanted to see everyone so bad. Oh well life is fun that way. It looks like you guys had a blast. We are leaving tomorrow night, well I am with Jordan and all of his friends for their senior trip. So that should be a fun week. The following week is when all of the kids come and we are actually going to Disneyland on Thursday together as a whole family. I loved your pictures from there and can't wait to be there all together. Your little ones are so adorable, you are such a good mom. Enjoy them now, time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures. That Rylee and Ava and Cailyn are so cute together. We had fun visiting with everyone too. Do you know when Rachel is going to have those pictures?

    ReplyDelete