Monday, June 15, 2009

My Rylee Ry Skye Pie

I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!
She makes me laugh all the time. Here are a few of the latest things that have made me chuckle.
She refers to her poop as "baby snake" or "mommy snake" depending on the size. I don't think anybody taught her this...she just made it up on her own! Tonight she announced that she was going "potty poo poo" and ran up the stairs to her bathroom. While she was sitting there she was giving me a play by play as follows:
"I potty pee too.
Yellow pee!
Uuh. Poo poo stuck.
I push it out.
Baby snake! Mommy snake!
Rylee poo poo brown!
(As she was flushing the potty) Snakes going night!"
(Hopefully this isn't too graphic, but I thought it was pretty funny...)
I've been working with Rylee on how to ask for things she wants instead of throwing a tantrum. I have her repeat after me, a few words at a time, "Mommy, can I please have some cereal?" or whatever it is that she is wanting to do. Randomly I've been catching her saying "Can I..." Tonight she wanted some dinner, so as she was climbing into her high chair I said and she repeated "Mommy, can I please have some..." and then she said "Cake!?" I guess she's figured out that if she asks that way I respond well! (She didn't get the cake...)
I bought some sidewalk chalk a few days ago, and ever since Rylee has spent pretty much all of her free time out on the front porch coloring - both the porch AND our front door.
Oh, and this picture reminds me that she likes to talk about her "owie knees." The big one you can see is her "red owie knee" and there is a tiny one on her other knee that is her "pink owie knee."
Today, before I took this picture, Rylee was outside playing with the little neighbor girls. She ran inside the house...and didn't have any pants or underwear on! I looked all over outside and all over inside, but haven't found them yet! I told Quinn about this, and later in the day he said, "You know, I've been thinking, toddlers are a lot like drunk people." (refering to the fact that our toddler lost her pants and has no idea where they are) I did put new panties on her though (as you can see) before she resumed her coloring.

Then, tonight, she was on the porch coloring again, and I was upstairs. After a few minutes I called her name to check on her. When she didn't respond, I went out front to check on her and found this:
Rylee was half way down our street with a duster, and when she saw me she said "Mommy, I clean up!"
Never a dull moment with this girl around...

No comments:

Post a Comment