Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blowouts!

The setup:
Cailyn hadn't pooped since last Saturday.
Yesterday afternoon our kitchen faucet started leaking.

The story:
Ava's birthday is coming up on Monday; her party is this afternoon (she's having a Dinosaur Party, and Rylee has been talking about it ever since I told her a month or so ago!) Allison (as in Quinn's mom) came into town for a few days to visit and help out with the party, and last night our house was the party-preparation zone.
So when the Bergs showed up, I asked Josh if he knew anything about plumbing, specifically kitchen sinks. He said he knew a little bit and, being the nice guy that he is, went over to try to help. Katie and Allison started working on the dinosaur cake while Josh quietly went to work on the faucet. Throughout the process he needed several tools that I couldn't locate, so I went next door to the Wilde's several times to borrow said tools.
After a bit, Josh announced "Uhh...slight dilema..." By the time we looked over, water was shooting to the ceiling - more than a slight dilema! I ran over and, after burning my left hand by trying to smother the water (left hand was over the hot outlet, right over the cold) I grabbed a bunch of kitchen towels to do the job. In the meantime, everyone was frantically looking for where to turn the water line to the house off. Finally, I ran back to the Wilde's and Travis came over and quickly located the watersource in the crawlspace below our house (would anyone else have thought to look there?) So everyone was able to return to their previous activites - the drama was over.
I went to grab Cailyn, who had been sitting on the kitchen counter in her Bumbo throughout the whole ordeal, and found that she had finally pooped - there was a week's worth that finally came out and it was all over her back, from her bum to her head! I was glad that the prune juice I had been giving her for the last two days finally worked - but did it really have to be right after we turned our water off? So, back to the Wilde's it was, for a bath this time!
Megan and Dave stopped by shortly after that (in between dinner and a movie - what great friends!) and Dave the fix it man was able to put our sink back together.
All's well that ends well.

3 comments:

  1. Life is so hillarious, years after the fact we can laugh our heads off about it. I hope that the birthday party goes well. I wish I could be there to spend time with all of you I miss that a ton. We are getting ready to take Jacque and Curt to the airport and head to Murrietta for Stephanies baby shower so today is filled. Have a wonderful weekend love you guys and thanks for always keeping me close with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a hysterical story! I'm so glad you wrote it down so you will always remember it. And I'm so glad you can laugh instead of cry. That is a great life skill. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nightmare! Really funny, though. I hope that the hand is okay...

    ReplyDelete