Sunday, December 20, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

Only four more days until Christmas? How did that happen?
(Rylee made this cute little chain advent calendar with Ava at the beginning of the month and has had lots of fun taking off one chain each day and counting how many days are left until Christmas.)

Well, here are a few pictures of us getting ready for the holidays:
My friend, Emilie, helped us put the tree up a week or two ago.
Rylee put the angel on top of the tree. Whenever she talks about it, she says "I reach, reach, reach!"
Last Sunday, I put the girls in Ava and Rylee's Christmas dresses from two years ago. I just love these little dresses! And yes, even though Rylee will be 3 in less than a month, she fit into Ava's dress which is size 12-18 months. I'm finding that's one advantage to her being so small!




(They wore this year's Christmas dress today, but I didn't manage to snap any pictures amidst all the craziness that is Sunday. I decided I they are going to wear the same dress for both the Sundays before and after Christmas, so I will have to make a point to take pictures next week.)

Grandma Karen sent up this cute little Fisher Price nativity set, and the girls have had a ball with it!
Our ward Christmas party was on Saturday morning. They did a Polar Express themed breakfast party and everyone came wearing their jammies, which I thought was a nice change!
Rylee wasn't in a picture-taking mood, but she was SO excited about wearing her jammies and eating breakfast at church! Notice, she is clutching a yellow "ticket;" the conductor came around and punched the tickets, which Rylee thought was great! I did get one cute candid with Rylee looking happy! This is when she was in line to see Santa.
But when she knew I was trying to take a picture again, she put back on the somber face.
Rylee had been telling us that she wanted Santa to bring her a REALLY BIG pink purse with candy in it, and a REALLY BIG sucker! But then before she went to see Santa, she started saying that she wants him to bring her animals. I'm not quite sure what Santa is going to do...
Here's one non-Christmasy thing:
K is for Kite
This is the first letter project we have done since before Halloween! I guess I need to get back with it.

Shortly after starting to decorate the kite with glitter paint, Rylee decided that it was more fun to finger paint!




1 comment:

  1. Cute dresses! Looks like you have been busy this month. Can't believe Christmas is THIS WEEK!! Hope you guys have fun and get to be with family. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete