Friday, February 4, 2011

Hairy Situations

A few weeks ago Rylee ran out from my room with Cailyn at her heels and proudly announced
"Mom, look at Cailyn's new haircut!"It could have been much much worse, but I had been so excited by how long Cailyn's hair was getting that it kind of bummed me out.
Luckily, Shellie came to the rescue and fixed her up with some layers.
The next week I missed a call from Rylee's preschool; I tried to call back right away, but it was busy. I started to panic a bit - I've never gotten a call from the preschool, and they have always answered when I call, so I was just sure that Rylee was on the way to the emergency room or something! As it turns out, the line was busy because Ms. Jenny was leaving a voicemail for me saying that Rylee had flubber in her hair and they couldn't get it out.
She told me they tried water, ice, oil, and maybe a few other things, but nothing was working.
(Considering I had spent a minute or two envisioning Rylee on her way to the ER with a cracked skull, this was great news!)
Rylee recounted the incident to me (hand motions and all) "Mom, I just swinged the flubber up over my head and it got stuck!"
It really was stuck in there pretty good!Luckily, all it took me was a quick google search and a few cups of white vinegar to get it out!
The girls keep talking about wanting Rapunzel hair...but I'm not feeling so confident that we'll ever get there.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!! Love the last comment! What an adventure! Good to know vinegar does the trick! Thanks for future flubber incidences! :)

    ReplyDelete