Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The whirlwind that is our lives...

Well, it's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I've put any pictures up on my blog...a combination of being busy and having computer problems is the reason. I feel like I should have a lot to say in that time, but for some reason I can't really think of anything very exciting. I do have pictures, though, so that's always a good place to start.
A couple Saturdays ago, I took the girls to two birthday parties back to back: the first was for our 2 year old neighbor, Braxton, the second for 1 year old Priya (Quinn's cousin Hillary's little girl.) Rylee took the treat bag from Braxton's party with her in the car as we drove to Priya's party. I looked back while we were at a stop light, and this is what I saw: Apparently, one lollipop isn't enough.
Priya's party was jungle animal themed, and the girls had lots of fun there.
Here they are with a lion mask:

Priya was very cute with her cake; she just stuck her index finger in and then sucked it off over and over again.
The kids got to decorate their own cupcakes and put plastic animals on top.
I'm not sure whether Rylee wound up with more frosting on her cupcake or directly in her mouth (I'm thinking she might not have gotten enought sugar that day, what do you think?)
By the way, Rylee turned 2 1/2 the day after these parties, so I taught her to say that she is 2 1/2. She kept saying "Paya (that's how she says Priya) one, Rylee two half, Aya three!" She still takes every chance she gets to tell people "I two half!"
Cailyn was among lots of cute babies with a lion nose and whiskers painted on her face. She was having lots of fun being tickled and playing with her dad (and, of course, showing off her tongue) She thought the balloons were awesome!
The next day we went to my cousin, Matt's, mission homecoming report, which was nice. Afterwards we went to Joe and Kathy's home for refreshments and visiting with family that we don't see very often. Rylee had a blast playing with her cousins and seeing the ducks on the pond at Joe's house. She especially liked petting the mommy duck who was sitting on a nest of eggs. For once, I actually didn't really take many pictures that afternoon (I think because I felt like my need to make sure the event was well documented by several of my Heiner uncles with their fancy cameras! There were certainly lots of pictures taken that afternoon, I just didn't take many of them.) The ones I did take though were of Cailyn and Joe just as we were leaving. Cailyn was SO tired...she hadn't gotten a nap all day. Joe asked to hold her for a minute as we were leaving...
...she snuggled right up with Joe...
...and fell asleep.
Cailyn is getting much more interactive these days - she likes doing the things her big sister does, including reading and watching her favorite shows. Here she is looking at the big Elmo book.
She also knows what food is now and tries to eat anything that she can get her hands on. She LOVES avocado!
And she is steady enough to sit up on her own in the bath now.
Rylee (who isn't so fond of baths these days) can usually be coaxed into the bath if Cailyn will be there as well.
Rylee really likes to help take care of her sister.
She also still likes to eat her veggies (she snagged this broccoli stem off the counter after I had snipped the flowers off and started eating it!)
She is definitely a funny kid. This weekend we were planning on going to a wedding reception for one of my old roommates. I had the girls all ready to go and we were just waiting for Quinn to get home, but then he called to say that a car was on fire on the freeway heading North (he was headed home coming South, but the reception was North) and traffic was backed up for 2 miles. So then I started rethinking our plan, and when Rylee had the runs all over her dress, I decided that we definitely weren't going to go. Rylee, however was excited about the party that I told her we were going to. When I told her we weren't going to go she was sad and started talking about cake. So I asked her if she wanted to make a cake and she perked right up! She started talking about making a cake and blowing out candles and singing happy birthday. I figured what the heck. We wound up making a blonde brownie (since I knew Quinn would be more likely to help eat that than a cake) and then put two and a half candles on the cake and sang (about a week late) "Halfy Birthday" to Rylee (this is a tradition my family had growing up.) She really needs a haircut...


Rylee loves doing crafts these days. I'm slowly getting better at coming up with crafts for her to do. Here are a few of her latest projects:
Fireworks
1. Color on cupcake wrappers...
2. Eat the markers (she actually bit off the tip of the green one...what will I do with this girl?)
3. Have mommy fold and cut them, and then glue them onto some paper.
D is for Duck



E is for Elephant



F is for Feet


1 comment:

  1. So much fun. You are really a great mom. My poor kids grew up with me as their mom. I don't remember ever doing those fun things, but who knows the way my memory is working these days, I might have been a great mom too. I guess we'll have to wait for the funeral to find out!!! Hope I get to listen in!!!

    ReplyDelete