Monday, July 12, 2010

(Toy Story) 3-and-a-half!

Today is Rylee's "Halffy Birthday" - she is 3 1/2 years old!
When I was growing up, we always celebrated halffy birthdays with dessert and singing "Halffy Birthday to You." I planned on carrying on the tradition, but I think it was especially needed this year; ever since Ava's 4th birthday last month, Rylee has been talking about her birthday coming up and frequently says things like "It be my birthday any second! I be four!" (I have a feeling Rylee will be playing this game her whole life...the cousins are just 7 months apart, but their birthdays fall such that Ava will be a year ahead of her in both school and primary...)
I took Rylee to see Toy Story 3 last week - we both loved it! So when I took her to the store today to choose out a cake, she immediately spotted the "Booty" (that would be how she says "Woody") cake and Toy Story balloon and that was it! She also insisted on getting party hats. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...
(oh, and Cailyn was NOT happy about having a hat strapped around her chin!)

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea. I love it. I can't believe that you kiddos are getting so big. I think about Jordan missing out on ours and this our new baby Calin will be Cailyn's age when he meets him for the first time. The life of a missionary. You are really a good mom and I am really proud of you for loving your children so much to do such fun things for them. Making great memories is the best thing ever. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are hilarious! Looks like fun! Happy Half bday to miss Rylee;)

    ReplyDelete