Sunday, January 24, 2010

Marshmallows, Washable Markers, & 51 Candles

This week has kind of been a blur.
On Monday, Rylee and I did another letter project. Originally it was going to be a "Mountain M", but then I realized that one of the girls' very favorite treats starts with M, so
M is for Marshmallow: My ongoing project has been trying to get our house clean and organized. The boxes that Rylee's bed came in were sitting in our entry way for a few days waiting for trash day when I realized that they could be put to good use:
(I've decided that a carboard house should be a permanent fixture in our home...it's a way to keep the girls happily confined to a corner of the room instead of tearing everything around the house apart!)

Cailyn is starting to play and act more like a toddler than a baby lately. She can stand up without holding on to anything when she wants to and figured out how to climb up onto the little rocking chair, stand holding onto the back and rock. A few days ago, she crawled around the corner carrying a blue plastic snake saying "sssssssss...ssssssssssssss...ssssss..." Her vocabulary is rapidly expanding; a few of her favorite words are book, shoe, sock, drink, bath, dog, Mo, Elmo (which she pronounces exactly the same as she says Mo - "Bo!"), baby, phone...and of course, MaMa and DaDa, and I think she even said Rylee today! These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there are many others.
Anyway, here she is playing hide and seek with Rylee.
She is a good eater. Always messy...
...although sometimes messier than others!
Cailyn also colored for the first time this week and loved it!
We also finished off birthday week this week. Quinn turned 28 on Monday, although we had to celebrate over the phone and by sending him a package (Rylee recorded a message on a card that sings "Twinkle Twinkle", painted a picture, and helped me make blonde brownies to mail him) this year.
On Thursday (my birthday) we had a girls' night birthday party for my 27th and Katie's 24th birthdays (hers is the day after mine.) I made Cafe Rio style salads and Katie brought chocolate fondue and we stuffed ourselves silly.
I also realized that it had been a while since I'd actually blown out as many candles as I was years old, so even though we were having fondue, I got two mini cakes from our favorite Dippidee and we lit 51 candles (27 on mine and 24 on Katie's).
Here's our little party group: Emilie, me, Megan, Katie and Hannah...none of us look very cute, but we had fun anyway!
(We had to cut off the top layer of frosting because there was so much wax on the cake by the time we lit the candles, took pictures and sang!)

The kids were upstairs playing while we did cake, but when they came down to have cake, Rylee had us stick a candle in her slice of cake and sing to her about 7 times...I really don't think I've ever seen her happier than when people are singing happy birthday to her!
This is my birthday kiss from her.

And this is her rendition of singing Happy Birthday to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment