Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Terribly Happy

The TV is on too much at our house. I sometimes blame it on the cold weather, me trying to get things done, or any other number of things. It doesn't really matter what my excuse is, the bottom line is I am responsible for the fact that my three year old has just about every episode of Sesame Street, Word World and other such shows memorized.
The last couple days, Rylee's been sick and I've been extra tired...which is the perfect equation for even MORE brainless watching of the boob tube.
As I was putting The Emperor's New Groove in the DVD player today (after watching back to back episodes of Sesame Street, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Word World and who knows what else), I said aloud, "I'm such a terrible mother!"
Rylee exclaimed, "You a terrible mudder?! Don't be terrible! We are happy!" And then she came over and gave me a hug and kiss.
I guess as long as they are happy and know that I love them, I can't be doing that terrible of a job, right? At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself...

5 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful mother, and your happy children are proof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely true. One day at a time, most days one second at a time. Enjoy the now, the later is really really hard!!!! Smooches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison! Super cute blog and even cuter kiddies!!!! Congrats on your beautiful family! I am excited you have a blog - I heard about it in your parent's Christmas card, and scored the address from your mom. So fun to see your great fam! Hope all is well!!! We have a blog too if you ever want to check it out. darinandlinsy.blogspot.com
    Hope the UT winter is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison, Cael has geographic tongue too. The first time I saw it I was freaking out and ran him to the Dr. After I found out it was no that big of a deal, I calmed down. I googled it though and all kinds of NASTY pictures came up and I freaked out again. I can tell it bothers him though. He tries to itch his tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute blog. Your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete