Friday, January 15, 2010

Three Years

Rylee had her 3-year-old doctor visit yesterday afternoon. As I was filling out the development questionnaire, I realized that she really is pretty advanced for her age. I mean, I've always known that she's smart, but I was just surprised at a lot of the milestones that were listed because it seemed like she had been doing most of them for a long time.
For instance: Does your child string 3-4 words together to form a sentence?
It asked me to list an example, and I wrote: "You be nice to my sister, she a good girl!"
Along these same lines, I went to get my hair cut this week. My hair dresser is one of Rylee's nursery leaders. She told me that in one of her recent lessons, she held up a picture of a bull and asked the kids if they knew what it was. Rylee (who was the only one to respond) promptly piped up "That a Yak!" We laughed about this, and then I admitted that it was Sesame Street, not me, that deserved the credit for her knowing what a Yak was.
Anyway, here are here measurements, although they are wrong...they weighed her fully clothed, including a jacket, so I'm sure that she's at least a pound lighter, and when you're less than 30 pounds, I'm pretty sure 1 pound will skew the percentiles pretty good. Oh well.
So, fully clothed...
Weight: 29 lbs. 12 oz (41%ile)
Height: 35.24 inches (13%ile)
(and this is where it gets REALLY inaccurate...they measured her height WITHOUT shoes, even though they took her weight fully clothed...)
BMI: 16.84 (79%ile)
I can guarantee that if measurements were accurate, she would have been well below the 50%ile for BMI, and probably below the 30%ile for weight. I mean, she still fits into 18-24 month/2T clothes!
Just to satisfy my curiosity (because I am interested in details like this) I almost asked them to reweigh her after her check-up (when she had stripped down to her underwear), but I restrained myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment