Sunday, October 2, 2011

After the Blackout

No, I'm not referring to the power outage we experienced a few weeks ago that affected millions of homes in Arizona, Southern California and Mexico for about 12 hours. I know lots of people have written about that experience and what they learned from it. I am not one of those people; I'm referring to a much longer blackout...the summer blackout days at Disneyland on our annual passports!  (What does this say about me and my priorities? I'm not sure I want to know.)

We were blocked out for most of June, all of July, almost to the end of August. Torture, if you ask Cailyn. (What's that website? First World Problems or something? Yeah, add us onto that one, right at the top of the list.)

Anyway, Casey and I took the kiddos up for a day the first chance we got after we were unblocked. Which just happened to be the same day that I had a flight out of LAX to go up to my friend Lindsey's wedding in Washington. So, I took the girls up, stayed for a few hours, and then abandoned Casey with five kids so I could catch my flight. By the way, this was about two weeks after she took my kids just about every day for a week, including a day with all 5 kids at Legoland by herself so I could pack for our move. I pretty much owe her my life.

So, here's pictures from the first few hours that I was there (:
Goofy was the first one we saw when we walked in the park; notice, Cailyn is showing him her Ariel.
Sweet Jack-eroo
The Mickey Mouse Club: Carter, Jack, Lainey, Rylee, Cailyn
This is my first real photoshop project! I had to merge two pics together so that you could read all the names on the hats. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty darn proud of myself (:
Carter loves Cailyn - such a sweet kid! What other 10 year old boy would hold a sassy 2 year old every chance he gets?
That was a month ago...so we're about due for another visit! We'll head up later this month to check out the Halloween decorations. It's a rough life living in Southern California.

1 comment:

  1. First, you owe me nothing! I loved every minute.

    Well, almost. There were some meltdowns. But, you've saved me, too!!!!!!! We're a good team. :)

    I would have never noticed that one of these pics had been photoshopped. Well done!

    And, I totally agree......the Disney blackout was entirely more emotional and taxing than the electricity one. We can live without light. We cannot live without Mickey.

    ReplyDelete