Monday, October 3, 2011

Ballet Class (with videos!)

 Sadly, our garage ballet lessons were short lived; Ms. Anna decided that it was too hard on her two little boys for her to teach all Tuesday afternoon, so we only had two lessons. We do plan on signing the girls up for lessons at a studio...but are going to wait until after our upcoming trip to Boston.

 These are a few of my favorite pictures from their second and final class. Jessie (Lainey's neighbor) joined us this time.


And boy was it a HOT day! It was during the September heat wave when we had several days in the high 90's and even into the 100's! Not ideal for dancing in the garage...the girls attention spans were not what they were the previous week as you'll see in some of the videos below.

This first video is actually from the first class...I just forgot to include it before.
I love how hard Cailyn is trying! And notice Rylee's comments throughout these videos...that girl says everything she thinks!





Shake it, Laine!

And this is probably my favorite video...Cailyn has to get set just right (with her hand in a STOP position) before she freezes every time, Rylee and Lainey are so hot that they've given up on dancing and decided to be cats, and Rylee tattles on Lainey...
Rylee has starting saying OMG lately - and not "gosh" or "goodness." I've talked with her several times explaining that God is Heavenly Father and we don't use his name that way. So now she tattles every time she hears anyone else say it, in spite of my best efforts to explain that it's OK if people do things differently than we do. I've told her she can say "oh my gosh" or "oh my goodness" or even "omg", but it seems the more I tell her not to say "God", the more she does. The other night after repeat offenses in a matter of minutes, I finally washed her mouth out with soap...I haven't heard her say it since then!

1 comment:

  1. Love the videos! They are just too cute. And, Laine can shake it, yes!

    We are dealing with the OMG thing, too. Our kids know better......have known better.......but somewhere, they keep hearing it. I think it's in the neighborhood. We can keep trying!

    ReplyDelete