Sunday, July 10, 2011

Roan Joshua Berg - March 24, 2011

I was lucky enough to be able to make it up to Utah for the birth of my nephew, Roan, in March. The girls and I drove up, and made it just in the nick of time! We were planning on leaving Thursday to drive up, but Katie called me Wednesday morning saying that she thought he might be coming soon, so we packed up and headed out that evening. We got in to Hurricane around 2am and slept at Danny and Leslie's house...for a whole 4 hours until Katie called me around 6am saying that her water had broken! So we rolled out of bed and onto the road headed for the hospital. Our only stop was to pick up Charlotte who watched the Rylee, Cailyn and Ava while we were at the hospital.
It was so special to be able to be there for the birth - it's such an amazing thing to be there when a new little spirit comes into the world! And not only was I able to be there, Katie also allowed me to practice my photography skills to document the birth, which made me extra happy! Here are some of my favorite shots from that happy day Stefanie (I haven't had time to really learn how to use photoshop well, so my friend Stefanie helped me out with the editing afterwards - thanks Stef!)

2 comments:

  1. Allison! You are amazing! Great pictures. LOVE the name Roan.

    Glad to see you're back. And, yes, better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roan looks so much like his daddy! And I love how emotional they are. I'm so happy for them! Great pics, by the way.

    ReplyDelete